One of the key activities of the PRIMAFAMED network is supporting the development of education and training in the discipline of Family Medicine and Primary Care in sub-Saharan Africa. The network enables the sharing of resources and collaboration between emerging, new and established training programmes across the region. Key articles that relate to this work include:
- Klaus B.von Pressentin, Innocent Besigye, Robert Mash, Zelra Malan. The state of family medicine training programmes within the Primary Care and Family Medicine Education network. 2020 Aug 11
- Kampala Commitment 2019
- Undergraduate family medicine and primary care training in Sub-Saharan Africa: Reflections of the PRIMAFAMED network, 2017.
- Mash RJ, De Villiers MR, Moodley K, Nachega JB. Guiding the development of family medicine training in Africa through collaboration with the Medical Education Partnership Initiative. Academic Medicine. 2014 Aug 1;89(8):S73-7.
- Scaling up Family Medicine and Primary Health Care in Africa: Statement of the Primafamed network, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, 2013.
- Statement of consensus on Family Medicine in Africa, 2010.