PRIMAFAMED is linked to WONCA Africa as it represents the academic activities for family medicine in the region. Members of academic departments and member organisations overlap considerably. In order to strengthen a collaborative approach PRIMAFAMED is the official independent academic arm of WONCA Africa coordinating all family medicine and education activities in the region.
The network also includes strategic organisational partners from outside the continent that share the same vision and mission.
- Ghent University and ICHO-, Belgium: Antwerp University, Free University Brussels, University of Louvain).
- Besrour Centre and College of Family Physicians, Canada.
- Aarhus University, Denmark.
- Royal College of General Practitioners, UK
- The Network: Towards Unity for Health (TUFH).
- University of Heidelberg, Germany.
- University of Maastricht, The Netherlands.
- WHIG (Dutch platform for Family Medicine & International Health), The Netherlands